My cute Maya got her casts off on Monday. Right after they took them off, the physical therapist lowered Maya onto the ground from the exam table and Maya almost fell down! She was pretty wobbly. She even said, "I think I need to put my casts back on." It has been 3 days now and she is doing great. Her walking motion isn't very fluid yet. She still clomps around, or even shuffles a bit, like she is wearing casts. But, she isn't walking up on her toes. She had gymnastics on Tuesday, the day after she got the casts off, and I saw her go up on her toes once. She was walking up an inclined mat. Now I know I often go up on my toes when I walk up things, especially the stairs, so I hope that was a normal and okay thing. I haven't seen her do it since.
1 comment:
She looked so cute with her casts, and is so cute with them off. Maya could wear a burlap sack all of the time and still be absolutely adorable. Love her, and glad that the casts seemed to have worked.
Post a Comment