Thursday, October 16, 2008

Butterflies!

We have a giant, wild, and unruly bush in front of our house.  We also have one in the back, but it is a little more tame.  I don't even know what kind of bush it is.  It is very common here with the desert landscaping theme that most people have.  Anyway, I really don't like this bush, but it blossoms in the early fall and attracts butterflies like crazy.  This bush literally had 50 butterflies on it.  We went outside to hang bird feeders that Haley and Maya had made at Haley's fall party at school and the butterflies swarmed us.  It was pretty cool.  And slightly scary.  I should have put in my previous post that I do have a totally ridiculous fear of butterflies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! I would love any plant that attracts butterflies, my kids all have studied them in school and that would be so awesome! love you! Laurie

Ryan Hardy said...

I'm pretty "school" too.

The Girly Girls said...

I have changed "school" to "cool". No more laughs at my expense. Well, at least as related to my typing skills.