I keep thinking to myself "last year at this time I was..." I was admitted to the hospital the night before he was born. I was strep B positive, and they wanted to make sure I got antibiotics before he was born. My labor with Maya was only 4 hours, so they were concerned I wouldn't have enough time for antibiotics. So, we got to the hospital at about 8 pm and they gave me an iv of fluids and antibiotics. Mike went right to sleep but I was up all night peeing. They really gave me a lot of fluids! Literally every 20 to 30 minutes I had to go. At about 3 or 4ish I started having contractions. Now, they were supposed to induce me in the morning, so this was pretty funny. After a few, I woke Mike up and we called a nurse. If I remember right they checked me and I was a 6, so they thought things might go fast. My doctor couldn't come in because she was at home with her kids while her husband was at the hospital giving me my epidural! It was a good one too. I took a drink while I was lying flat and coughed and that broke my water! So, then they really thought it was going to go fast and they brought in all the birthing stuff. But then it kinda slowed down. My doctor came in around 9ish and then I finally had Caleb at 9:57. He was 8lb 11oz and 21 1/2 inches long. Giant baby!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Evolution of a Baby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I didn't remember that he was almost a 9 lb baby. That is amazing, especially since you really weren't that big at the end, and were back in jeans in like a week. Hate people like you. But love you. Happy Birthday to sweet Caleb.
He's so cute, I love his hair in the last picture, so sweet! I agree with Rachel - you were back in skinny jeans rather quickly. But I can imagine Rachel being in skinny jeans right away as well... what's she talking about?
He is so cute. I can't believe how much he looks like he goes with the Nelson family! I hope we will get to meet him before he is all grown up.
p.s. Great job with the blog. I love seeing your kids and reading all your funny stories.
I really got a kick out of your birth story! Mine is still fresh in my memory!
Happy Birthday Caleb!
Post a Comment