Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Casts

This cute little girl got new casts this week.  These are the last casts (hopefully) and after she gets them off in 2 weeks, we will be back to normal!  I am praying she doesn't go right back to tippy toe walking.  
Life hasn't been too tough in casts.  Baths are a little more difficult.  But, the one great thing is no shoes!  She has little strap on sandal type shoes she wears with her casts.  We are usually a no shoes in the house family, but she slides all over on the hard wood floors without them on.  So, she always has her shoes on (except in the pictures!) and we don't have to look for and then put on shoes every time we leave the house.  It is great. 

3 comments:

Catherine said...

That is so great that she's been so good with the casts on and not complained. I love how she gets to pick new casts each week.

Christie & Roger said...

I'm so behind! Why does Maya have casts? You mention something about walking on tippy toes and it made me think that maybe she had them put on to help with walking differently.

Christie & Roger said...

Ok, I should have gone back and read your September post! I'm so glad she handled it so well!