Haley finally lost her crazy hanging front tooth Saturday night. 2 weeks ago we had tried to pull it with the tie a string to the door trick, but it didn't work. The string kept slipping off her tooth. About a week ago I just tried to yank it out with my fingers but Haley cried that it hurt too much. So, yesterday the tooth was looking more loose than it ever had and we thought we would try it again. This time I dried her tooth off really well and then tied the floss up high on her tooth, where it is smallest. I also used just a regular knot, where as before, Mike had tied a fancy slip not. And it actually worked. The sound of her tooth hitting the ground was the best. Haley kept saying that she was so glad that we just didn't have to worry about it anymore. That tooth had been sticking strangely out of her mouth for over a month. At the beginning, even though it was sticking out so weird, it wasn't actually that loose, but yesterday when it was finally loose enough, we took care of it!
6 comments:
So happy for Ms. Haley. Very exciting!
Congrats!! Your first of many....
What a relief! I'm glad for Haley's sake that it's gone! :) And by the way, Becky, your new necklace is stunning! :)
Can I ask why you didn't post about that every so stylish necklace you are wearing? Your own design?
Wow, took you babies long enough :) Joe said he needs to teach your kids not everyone in the family are as squeamish as you guys! (I didn't remind him about his fainting around needles) ha ha ha!! At least the first ones over and you guys will be pros for the next 30+ you have to pull!
That is so funny! Emily's first tooth was loose from Feb-Oct. I finally made caramel apples to get that sucker out.
You were smart to dry off the tooth. Twisting the tooth helps sometimes too. I like how you included the support crew in the photos.
Post a Comment