Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Saturday of Celebrations

It finally snowed on Thursday.  We hadn't had a big snow storm since 2008, so we were due.  We got less than a foot, probably around 8 inches or so.  There was a lot of drifting, so in places it was over 2 feet.  I know that because I did the shoveling.  Ouch, my back still hurts. But anyway, we celebrated the snow by going sledding!  We hadn't done it yet this season, and spring is here, so we thought we better go while we have the chance!

Haley and I going down the hill.



Mike and Maya having fun.



Cute little Caleb in his snow gear.  He didn't have any boots that fit him (I should have got out a pair of the girls' old boots, but I just didn't think about it) so he wore his tennis shoes.  Caleb celebrated wearing his snow suit for only the second time this year.  We better have another little boy so that snow suit gets more use!


And Michael dear celebrated turning 33.  He requested the cake I usually make for the 4th of July, but this time I didn't arrange the strawberries and blueberries into a flag!

It is good having things to celebrate.

2 comments:

The Millers said...

Happy Birthday to Mike. I love that you used the 3 candle, and then three little candles next to it. Very creative. I love the blueberries/strawberries cake -- good call on that request, Mike.

simon and amy said...

Happy 33 to Mike! Yummy cake. - Amy