Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Saturday in the kitchen

This was my first project in the kitchen on Saturday.  A loaf of chocolate chip banana nut bread.  We had it for breakfast today and it was great.  Mike said it was too much chocolate for breakfast.  I said there is no such thing.


I also made strawberry freezer jam.  I am very excited for it because the stuff from the store is truly nasty.  This was the longest project and I made about twice what I thought I would.  Need to get another freezer!

I also made 48 cupcakes for a birthday celebration in young womens on Sunday.  

In non-kitchen news, they are estimating it will cost about $2000 to fix the van.  Thank goodness I only have to pay the $500 deductible.  

Also, on Saturday we took the kids to the park and Haley started learning to ride a bike without training wheels.  She did a pretty good job, but spent most of the afternoon crying and claiming she couldn't do it and yelling at her bike.  She is pretty old to be starting to ride a bike without training wheels, but better late than never.  I think I must have been older when I learned to ride without training wheels too, because I have strong memories of it.  For my parents sake, I hope I spent less time crying and carrying on.  

It was pretty windy, so we also flew a kite.  It was a great day.

6 comments:

Beth said...

The bread looks wonderful and I too, have no steadfast rule of how much chocolate is appropriate for breakfast.(The more the better comes to mind.)

Kara said...

So productive! :) I love homemade strawberry jam. Reminds me I need to make a batch myself!

Erin & Danny said...

Too Much Chocolate!#? Did you make him sleep on the couch for saying such horrible things? :)

Nannette said...

My kids always cried when I taught them to ride the bike. I had to bribe them with candy corn. (If you ride this far you get 5 candy corns). I also put them on a bike that is almost too small for them to ride, then when they need to stop their feet are that much closer to the ground. My boys both learned after about 2 hours of complete bribes...but it was not a fun experience.

The Millers said...

We so need to teach Ellery how to ride a bike. She loves her little Razor scooter and can cruise around on it really well, so I think that has taken away some of the motivation to learn. Plus, her bike is really big and makes her super nervous. I think we need to teach her on a much smaller bike. But we went to the park on this same Saturday, and there were kids smaller than Bennett riding around without training wheels. It is more than time to get cracking on this.

The Raymond Family said...

Love the blog.. amazing the stuff we find out on a blog even though we live, what is it 6 houses away?