Monday, December 1, 2008

A Thanksgiving to Remember

Why don't I have pictures of this year's Thanksgiving?  Let me tell you.  FOOD POISONING!  Not from the Thanksgiving turkey thank goodness.  But from ham.  Deli ham.  My family got here on Monday.  On Tuesday I served ham, along with turkey and chicken for lunch.  Late afternoon my brother Steven says he doesn't feel well and starts throwing up.  My dad follows soon after.  I go to my young women's activity and can feel it coming on.  I get home and I begin a lovely evening of sickness.  Mike gets it in the morning.  My brother Joe gets it Wednesday afternoon.  My mom and sister in law don't get it - they didn't have the ham.  Thank goodness because they took care of the rest of us.  Haley didn't have ham, we are not sure about Maya, but she did get slightly sick, so she may have had a little.  Now Caleb is a different story.  He was sick all week, but not from the ham.  He threw up and had diarrhea because of some virus.  He was sleeping on the pack and play in our closet so guests could sleep in his room.  Do you know what happens when your child throws up while sleeping in the pack and play?  It all soaks into the "mattress".  Delightful.  I was so excited about hosting this Thanksgiving and having my family come.  Too bad they will never come back to this sick house.

Note:  This will be the last post about throw-up, poop, diarrhea, etc...  I have looked back at recent posts and that is all I have to talk about apparently!  I have got to come up with something else to write about. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Cute new background for the blog!

I am so sorry your week with your family was a bit of a bust. That really is awful. And it is more awful that you have had so many experiences with bodily removal that you have had a lot to write about. I hope you guys have a wonderful month filled with NO MORE SICKNESS!

How are your new tires?