Monday, December 8, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

On Saturday, Mike and I put up the lights on the outside of our house.  It didn't take too long, because we really don't put too much up.  Unfortunately, the lights on the top of the tree aren't working, we'll have to figure that out.  Also, that ridiculous bush in front blocks half the lights on the porch.  Despite all that, I really do think it makes our house look festive.  Funny side note:  While we were putting up the lights on Saturday, the girls were playing in the back yard.  I heard dog barking and children screaming but I didn't go running because it really didn't sound like them.  Then I thought, maybe I should go check.  Well, our neighbor's dog had jumped the fence!  The girls were playing t-ball and the dog thought it looked like great fun.  The girls were TERRIFIED.  That is the downside of not having pets, the girls are just not comfortable with animals.  (Neither am I really, not growing up with pets either.  I do try to fake it around the girls though.)  The dogs owner was up on his roof putting lights on as well!  He couldn't do much more than yell at the dog.  The girls spent the rest of the afternoon inside.  Today, our neighbor came over and apologized and offered to have the girls meet the dog and spend some time with him, to hopefully overcome their fear.  How nice!


Here is our tree inside.  The girls helped quite a bit decorating it.  


Here is our mantle.  Look, the prophet is on TV!  


The banisters.  I sure love decorating for Christmas.  It is sure sad when it all comes down and your house looks empty.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love when the Christmas stuff comes down and the house looks like I did major organization- a place where the eyes can rest.

Catherine said...

I love your banister, so pretty! One sad thing about going out of town is that right when we get back all the decorations have to come down, so we don't get to enjoy them the whole time... :(