Monday, September 28, 2009

Mini Makeover

This past weekend, we hung up some curtains in our family room and kitchen.  I have been wanting to forever, and when my mom asked what I wanted for my birthday, I said curtains!  I knew I wanted orange in our family room.  Not burnt orange, bright orange.  That was pretty hard to find.  I finally found some on Ikea's website, but unfortunately, you can't order much from their website.  My sister-in-law's friend works at Ikea in SLC, so she pulled a favor for me and had her friend purchase the curtains and mail them to me.  I love them.

Before.  Very boring plain, uncolorful wall.



After!  Color!  It really makes the room look bigger, more lived in, and finished.

The kitchen has a sliding glass door to the back yard.  The previous owners had put vertical blinds and a redish window treatment above.  I HATE vertical blinds.  They are the biggest pain in the world, and unattractive.  So, we finally took down the ugly window treatments and put up our own!

Before.  Ugly to the max.



After!  Cute green curtains.  Functional and pretty.  Luckily these were easily purchased at Pier 1.  I love the pattern.  Here is a close up.

Thanks Mom for such a great birthday present.  It makes me smile every time I walk into these rooms! 

9 comments:

Christie & Roger said...

The curtains look great! I know what you mean about them making the room look bigger - it gives the room additional vertical square footage because they draw your eyes up!

Beth said...

So pretty. It makes me want to get new curtains.

jahardy said...

They look fabulous! I'm glad that they make you smile. I love making you smile!

Tracy Giles said...

Love them! It really does make a difference. Great colors!

Kara said...

So cute! I love them both!

Nannette said...

I love your colors, they are great...looks good!

Ann said...

I absolutely love the green ones too, I am so jealous you have somewhere they match, I saw them at Pier 1 too but don't have anywhere to put them :( I'll just look at yours and live vicariously :)

The Millers said...

I love how well you pull of orange and green in your home. They really look great.

I hate our vinyl blinds on our sliding glass door, but can't convince Sam that curtains belong in the kitchen next to a table. Can you work on him for me?

Liza Jane said...

Those look great and both colors go well together. In our bedroom, we have orange accent walls - I love them!