Wednesday, August 19, 2009

10 years

Today is our 10 year anniversary.  Wow.  Can't believe it has been that long.  We were just babies when we got married.  Mike and I were just laughing today about some of the strange choices we made for our wedding.  First of all, it was on a Thursday, strange.  Second of all, our sealing was at like 9AM and then the reception was at 7PMish.  We had all types of time between the events.  Very strange.  I have no idea why I thought we had to get married first thing in the morning.  Another strange thing, I was totally not concerned about any of the girly things, like getting my hair, makeup, nails, etc... done.  Also, I went to a couple dumpy dress shops in Provo and chose one of the first dresses I tried on.  I guess I was blinded by love?  Whatever.  The important thing - getting married to Mike - was the best decision I ever made.

Minutes after we were sealed.


Several days later at an open house at Mike's parents' house.

Love ya babe.

5 comments:

Beth said...

We got married on a Tuesday, it was the only day the temple was open for three weeks, but still a nice Tuesday night reception. Also, we married at noon and had a reception at 7pm- so without telling anyone we went to the hotel to "wait". Mike's mother almost fainted when she saw the hotel key on his key chain when she asked for his keys to move the car, ie. decorate it. Funny how none of that stuff really seemed to matter, I just wanted to be married to my best friend.

jahardy said...

You are so beautiful! A fancy hair-do, nails etc, weren't necessary! Happy Anniversary - love Mom

Nannette said...

Your dress was beautiful...funny how if I could do it all over, I probably would do several things different...but not the important stuff...the right person in the temple...

Christie & Roger said...

So we have the same anniversary?! How did I not know this?!

The Millers said...

Happy Anniversary. So fun that you spent your anniversary at enrichment.

I'm sure I went to the same bridal shops. I bought the third or fourth dress I tried on. I think I had that same veil and shoes. And I got married two years after you, so you were a big trendsetter as far as I'm concerned. I didn't think much about things either, and probably would do things differently. Sam's little sister got married this year, and it was amazing to me how a little attention to detail goes a long way. Oh well.

And we got married on a Tuesday too, Beth. Funny stuff.