Monday, August 17, 2009

Haley turns 7!

On Thursday, August 13th, Haley turned 7.  I can't believe she is already that old.  Isn't she still my little baby?  She was "off-track" so we were able to celebrate on her actual birthday.  Instead of a party this year, she chose to have 1 friend spend the night.  So, her great friend Ellery got to spend the evening with us!  

The day started out with the last day of swimming lessons, which we had been doing for 2 weeks.  After swimming lessons, we stayed at the pool for about 2 more hours.  We had a picnic lunch and played in the water.  The girls have really progressed with their swimming skills this year, I'm really proud of them.  I had to save Caleb's life once.  The lifeguard told me she thought he was just floating (you know, because 22 month old babies like to just float face down in the baby pool, right?).  Don't ever trust the lifeguards.  Then we went home and I made her cake, a purple flower shaped cake.  The same cake I made her for her 1st birthday!  We picked up Ellery and went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  It was great.  They brought Haley a little sunday and sang "Happy Birthday".  She blushed deep red, but loved it anyway.  Poor girl got her curse of easy blushing from me.  We also ordered a piece of cheesecake even though we were having cake and ice cream when we got home, because Mike couldn't bear the thought of being a Cheesecake Factory and not ordering cheesecake.  So, we went home, opened presents, ate cake and ice cream, the kids watched a movie, and everyone was in bed by about 10PM.  Not too bad!

Haley got lots of great presents this year.  This is a journal her Auntie Ann made her.  Gorgeous.  I want one!  She also got a Wii!  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!  We all love it!


Ellery made matching friendship bracelets.  So nice.



All the party goers.  Caleb didn't make it til 10PM!  I barely did!

Sure love you Haley girl!  Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Erin & Danny said...

Hey, tell Grandma and Grandpa that my birthday is Jaurary 28th :)

The Millers said...

No joke about the Grandpa and Grandma gift. Total score for Haley (and the rest of you).

Thanks for letting Elle be a part of Haley's big day. She loved every minute of it.