Friday, May 15, 2009

Maya turns 4!

Maya's birthday was Monday, May 11th.  She is now a big 4 year old and I can't believe it.  I guess that is a typical parent thing to say.  No one ever mentions how slowly they think their children are growing!  She had a party with her friends on Saturday, her first friends party.  It went surprisingly smoothly.  No one cried!  And then Monday we had another little party with just our family.  She got lots of great presents that she had really been wanting and was happy to be the center of attention!  Here are a few of my favorite pictures of her younger self.

Maya as a newborn.  Super chunky cheeks and insane amounts of spiky blonde hair.


At about 5 months old.


About 18 months old.  She used to suck those 2 middle fingers, rub her nose with another finger and rub her ear with her other hand.  Thumb sucking was way too simplistic.


2 1/2 years old.  During the dress up phase.


And now a HUGE 4 year old.  I can't believe how much older her face looks.


The candles spell out Maya.


A table full of friends.


Who is this giant child?  I'm pretty sure he was a baby yesterday!


3 comments:

Katy said...

Maya looks so much like you, Becky! More and more in every picture... it's amazing!

Tracy Giles said...

Happy Birthday Maya. I'm so bummed we were out of town!

Liza Jane said...

That thumb sucking is hilarious! Glad you got a picture when she was younger.