Haley was off track the last 2 weeks of April, so we headed to St. Louis, MO to visit my family. We had a great time. I forgot my camera, so I don't have any great pictures of all the fun stuff we did, but we did have an awesome time. We got to spend time with my whole family. Grandma stocked the kids up with new summer clothes and shoes. We went the the zoo, the arch, the botanical gardens, the magic house, the movies, a state park called Elephant Rock, a fun trampoline place, and I'm probably forgetting half the stuff we did too. The 12 hour drive to and from was long, but the kids weren't too bad. Maya did get carsick and puke on the way back, but amazingly it was a small mess (and not too stinky).
It has been quite a reality check being back home. I've had to do awful things like weed our yard for 2 hours. I filled these 2 bags and got quite the sunburn. And, even 2 hours and 2 full bags didn't quite finish the job. Maybe I'll finish today. Maybe I'll pass it on to Mike to finish.
Our sink is filled with dishes. What is this? It was so nice being at grandma's. I think every home needs 2 women to get all the work done.

My hands are super dry. You really can't tell from this picture, because we don't have an awesome camera and I am the worst photographer ever. But, my hand looks kinda red, right? Well let me tell you, in person, my hands are scaly and rough and red. Man, humidity does wonders for your skin. But, I hated what it did to my hair. In St. Louis, my hair was limp and flippy. So, I guess I'll have to deal with the dry skin here in CO so I can have my hair back.

3 comments:
Oh, the trip sounds like it was a lot of fun for you all, getting back home is way hard! I also weeded my front flower bed at my house, but I hope my roommates will contribute in the effort.
Sounds like a fun trip! It's always hard getting back to real life. Glad you're back! :)
I bet the Grandparents thought you visit was too short. I follow your blog though my daughters page. I am her mother and I love those grnadchildren. Always can't wait to get my hands on them, and spoil them like crazy. Glad you made the long drive home.
Post a Comment