Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's not all about the kids

I got my hair cut last Saturday.  I probably got about 8-10 inches off.  My hair had gotten ridiculously long.  Obnoxiously long.  It took forever to wash, dry, straighten.  I love the new shorter look.  I just need to keep up with the cuts now.  What usually happens is that I cut it shorter and then do nothing until it gets super long again.  Its a cycle.  The last time I had it semi-short was right after Caleb was born.  

Also, ignore the mole looking thing above my lip.  Its not a mole, but a zit.  Hello skin, have you heard that I am turning 30 this year (on 09/09/09!)?  Zits should no longer be a problem.  I guess I'm not the only one in this club, because I now purchase face wash that is for wrinkles and acne.  I'm sure they don't make it just for me.  

9 comments:

Kara said...

Love the haircut, Becky! If I didn't have a great friend who is also a hair dresser I would probably never get mine cut either. You are too cute :)

Tracy Giles said...

I love your hair! I hear you about being to old to have a blemish. It happens to me from time to time. I couldn't even see it in the pictures until you pointed it out though. Anyway, I love your new hair cut.

5 mcneils said...

I meant to tell you Sunday cute hair but never got the chance. It's nice to change it up a bit. I usually do it within 3 months of having a baby because I can't stand the fuss. And I don't think acne will go away until we are through with menopause, so brace yourself my friend.

Beth said...

The wrinkle cream must be working- you don't appear to have any! I like the cut. I'm worried about what Sari said about acne until menopause- Yikes.

The Millers said...

So glad you did a post about you! I love your cut, as previously mentioned. As for the acne, I wish I only got one from "time to time" like Tracy. The best was when I was 21 and teaching jr. high, and my skin was worse than any of my students. Lovely.

talitha said...

Cute hair.

I am 10 years older than you--and don't think THAT doesn't depress me a bit--and I still have blemishes. I use an anti-wrinkle/blemish control face wash, too.

So, you've probably got another 10 years...at least.

Anonymous said...

Your hair is super cute, and it just reminds me I need a haircut, too! I do the same cycle thing. My hair gets long and scraggley and I think...dang! What happened to my cute haircut.

And the acne thing...right there with you girl. And I turn 30 in 9 days...NINE DAYS!

Catherine said...

I absolutely love your haircut! I am going to have to go to your hair dresser sometime. I do the same thing, cut my hair, let it get really long, then cut it again - and so it continues. I have this stupid zit on my chin right now- driving me nuts!

Liza Jane said...

Cute haircut! I'm actually growing mine out because I'm sick of getting it cut all the time. How much time and energy do we spend on hair for our lifetime?